- Walk, cycle or run when possible – this comes with many other benefits such as lower local air pollution and better health;
- Trains are nearly always the winning option over moderate-to-long distances;
- If travelling internationally, going by train or boat is lower-carbon than flying;
- If travelling domestically, driving – even if it’s alone – is usually better than flying;
- If it’s a choice between driving or flying internationally, flying economy class is often better;
- Car-sharing will massively reduce your footprint – it also helps to reduce local air pollution and congestion;
- Electric vehicles are nearly always lower-carbon than petrol or diesel cars, especially in a country that produces much of its electricity by renewables or nuclear.
tisdag 13 oktober 2020
Which form of transport has the smallest carbon footprint?
Our World in Data
Upplagd av Webbredaktör kl. 13 oktober