tisdag 18 juni 2019

Challenges and highlights in statistical consulting careers - Part one


https://youtu.be/8AyBK9jZSG4

A Life in Other People’s Data - Dr Shirley Coleman Everyone has interesting data and I find working as a consultant in an academic environment, having to bring in enough money to be self-supporting, to be fun and absorbing. Switching from car parts and shipping sensors in the morning to social housing and gait characteristics of older people in the afternoon keeps me on my toes. All my work revolves around data and the fascination of applying statistical thinking in research, business and industry; and using the findings in teaching and writing. I will give some examples of interactions with small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and some observations on methods of engagement.